Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spring has Arrived










It was a nice day to get down to the river for a little fishing.  I headed down those dreaded steps on Cardiac Hill.  The river was in nice shape but the sun was up.  I didn't care, it was just nice to wet a line.







The water really wasn't rushing as fast as the picture seems.  I managed to catch a few small trout and then I saw the DNR officer.






I found out that he was counting lamprey in the trap.  None on the south side but he did have one perch,  two bluegills and about 6 brown crayfish.







I managed to get another trout and then decided to start back up the steps.  To take my time so I didn't get winded, I started looking for scenery.                                                                                                         










I don't know what type of flowers these are but they were along the steps.











This is my 4 weight rod but notice how green the area has become.










I think these are trillium.  Please let me know the names of those flowers I have mislabeled.












Most of the spring flowers are white.  I wonder why?  Are these wild strawberries?














Now this flower seems to grow well in my yard!  I am going to have a bumper crop this year.










After arriving home, I found this iris? growing in the front corner of my lot.  Since the fishing is slow right now, I have to start appreciating the beautiful nature.





In the back corner of my lot, I have a 'happy place' that I always enjoy in the spring.  This spot brings out happy memories of our home on Grand Rapids Street.  I remember when my mother had these plants around the front of the house.  I was in elementary or middle school then.  So when I went to the special corner and the flowers had peaked out, I had happy memories of my mother, Lois Stauffer.











Lilies of the Valley at my garden wall!





No comments:

Post a Comment