Monday, December 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland!

I'm just joking, this is a cold, cold place today!  I left Key West on Dec. 24th and have made it back to Wellston!  I had a great vacation in Key West and wonder why I am returning to the land of ice and snow.




I was lucky this year when I arrived home.  The snow was only a few feet deep.  I waded through with my shoes covered with snow and got out the snow blower.  It started the first pull!  It was a little hard to get the first pass cleaned but then I took my time and got this part of the driveway open.


 I guess I will have to find some outdoor winter activites to do.  I have my season ski pass at Caberfae so that is something I can do.  I have my cross-country skis and snowshoes ready.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


I went down in the basement to check my ice fishing gear.  I noticed several fisherman out on the ice as I made my way up north.







This is my one-man ice shanty.  The top flips over me and I am warm and snug on the ice.






Here is my power ice auger! No more struggling to get a hole drilled in the ice.









This is my Vexilar that will show me the fish!  I just have to learn how to use it.



I will start my adventures soon and post a fishing report.  For now, I wish everyone a
Happy Holidays and a great New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment